Printers and other PC-connected devices depend on their drivers to perform all prior tasks, including Print, Scan, etc.
Your Epson printer is one of these models, which may encounter the “Epson printer driver is unavailable” error.
Quick actions are required if your Epson driver is unavailable on your system. Such problems affect the print quality and printer functionalities and make your Epson printer model unresponsive.
We’ll examine some solutions to fix the driver is unavailable printer Epson issue in this blog. First, find the cause and then fix it to restart the printing again.
You can also check the Fix canon support code 5200
- 1 Why your Epson printer driver is unavailable?
- 2 How to fix the “Epson printer driver is unavailable” error?
- 3 Fix 1 – Check The Compatibility
- 4 Fix 2 – Use a Driver Updater Tool
- 5 Fix 3 – Update Your Windows
- 6 Fix 4 – Update Epson Printer Driver Manually
- 7 Fix 5 – Run the Troubleshooter
So you gave the print command, and suddenly a pop–up says “Epson driver is unavailable” and stopped printing. The basic cause for this condition could be any of the below-mentioned reasons;
- Drivers are incompatible with your system.
- Drivers are outdated.
- Problematic Epson printer drivers.
- No driver is founded, which means it’s missing.
- The existing driver is corrupted.
- Your Windows PC is not up-to-date.
Before trying any solution to fix the Epson printer driver error, check and try some basics.
- Check if your Epson printer connection is ok and connected securely. Faulty wires and damaged cables may cause different errors.
- Check and reconnect the power cord.
- Restart your Epson and see the errors if it clear. To restart your printer, turn it off, disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, and reconnect and turn it on.
- Confirm that you have added the correct Epson printer model to your PC.
- The built-in drivers install when you add your machine to your computer. But it works well for some time, then starts causing problems. Hence we recommend you install Epson drivers from the online platform.
- Ensure you have not deleted a file connected to the printer driver setup. Otherwise, you’ll require to reinstall the driver setup.
When your Epson driver is unavailable on your computer and can’t print anything, it could be either a driver issue or a Windows update problem. We’ll discuss all possible solutions to eliminate the continued error message. The below fixes helps you get back your Epson printer in the previous print mode.
Read and try all fixes one by one. If one solution works for your Epson printer, you don’t need to try it next. However, if one couldn’t remove the driver is unavailable printer Epson error, try next and next and others. Now let’s get started with fixes quickly.
Fix 1 – Check The Compatibility
If you’ve just now downloaded the Epson printer driver and couldn’t install it, printer drivers may not be compatible with your current OS. Therefore, it’s best to check and download the correct and compatible drivers on your system.
Fix 2 – Use a Driver Updater Tool
A driver updater tool helps the fixed system’s all driver issues and then updates them. For example, here’s one tool you can use to fix the “Epson printer driver is unavailable” error in a single click.
- Launch and open the Driver Updater Pro.
- Click Scan to find Epson driver issues.
- It’ll display the details of missing or outdated printer drivers.
- Click Fix Now to clear the “Epson driver is unavailable” error.
- Click Update to install the latest driver version of your Epson printer.
This method has fixed multiple driver issues in Windows systems. Not only the printer but all connected device drivers help stay up-to-date automatically.
Fix 3 – Update Your Windows
When you install built-in drivers for your Epson printer model, these drivers get outdated after some time and cause in “Driver is unavailable printer Epson” error where Windows Update can remove such cause.
- In your Windows search menu, type Update.
- Check For updates that appear on top. Click it.
- Click on the Check for updates button in the new window and wait.
- If the update is available, it’ll automatically install the Windows OS update.
- Otherwise, try another solution.
The update takes a few minutes. Hence wait for some time. Then check the Epson driver error by printing a document. It’s best if you install drivers online instead of using a built-in driver because even if the Windows update fixes the “Epson driver is unavailable” error, you may encounter the error again after some time.
Fix 4 – Update Epson Printer Driver Manually
When your device driver gets outdated, the “driver is unavailable printer Epson” error starts appearing. To fix it, updating the driver is the best solution. You can use the automatic eSoftSafe Driver updater pro tool (mentioned in fix 2) or follow the below steps to update drivers manually;
FROM DEVICE MANAGER –
- Open the device manager in your computer system.
- Expand print.
- Right-click on the Epson printer.
- Select Update Driver.
- Click on the automatic search drivers option.
- Then, install the latest drivers to see whether an error has cleared or not.
REINSTALL FROM THE OFFICIAL EPSON SITE –
If the device manager couldn’t update your Epson printer drivers and Epson Printer Driver Is Unavailable message still appears on your PC screen, reinstall your drivers from the official online portal.
- First, uninstall the older Epson drivers using Add or remove program window on your computer.
- Then, visit www.epson.com/support/wf6090.
- Download the latest drivers for the Epson printer.
- Double-click and follow the on-screen instructions to install the setup. 5. Connect your computer with your Epson model.
- Finish the installation and test print a document.
Fix 5 – Run the Troubleshooter
A troubleshooter in your Windows PC can help fix the Epson driver’s unavailable error. Try this tool using the below steps;
1.) Open Settings by clicking the Windows key and settings icon.
2.) Select Troubleshoot in the side panel.
3.) Click on the Additional Troubleshooters option.
4.) Click on the printer in the new window.
5.) Hit on the Run the troubleshooter tab.
6.) Wait for it to detect your Epson printer issue.
7.)Click on Apply this fix option.
Once you complete the troubleshooter scan, try to print a new document and check if Epson Printer Driver Is Unavailable error has removed.
BuzzInfoMedia is an all in one spot to bring you the latest and trending blogs on Marketing, Health, Business, Technology, and more. We give our best to provide you with fresh and accurate information on different topics.