Perhaps you are one of them who likes to click many photos from one angle or a photographer. Usually, there are hardly one or two photos from clicked photos that you would like to edit.
The rest of the photos remain on your device as duplicate files which occupy a significant portion of your space.
Apart from space consumption, these duplicate photo files can cause a headache because you find similar files in your gallery and it prevents you from organizing your gallery in a well-planned way.
So, you must find and delete these duplicate photos from your Mac so that you can get optimum performance. In this article, we are going to describe how to find duplicate photos from the device.
Generally, there are three modes to find duplicate photos from a device. One is manually from the photo’s app, the second by using any duplicate finder tool, and the third one by using any best tool. Let’s have a look at each mode one by one.
Remove Duplicate through the photo’s app
You can delete duplicate files from your files by using the photos app. This utility will sort your file according to size, time, and many more. Follow these steps to use this utility: –
- Open the photos app in your system.
- Click on the file option then select the new smart album.
- Now you have to choose any filter as per your requirement.
- Now, select the smart album name and select any duplicate file which you want to delete from your device.
- Click on the delete option.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen when you select recently deleted.
Look at the top right corner of the pop-up window. Select the delete all option which ensures that your deleted files will not be stored on the device for many days.
Smart folder of in-finder windows helps you to identify duplicate photos on Mac. It will allow you to search for any duplicate files regardless of the folder location.
You should have to follow the following steps to use the smart folder in finder to identify duplicate files: –
Also check out – How to Fix 0xc00007b Error on Windows
Remove duplicate photos on Mac in finder
Open a Finder window and click on the file option.
Select the new smart folder and opt for “this Mac”.
Look at the right corner of your Mac screen. A + symbol will be shown on the right side of your screen. Click on it.
- Now you will see two menus: – select the first menu to kind and another one for the image.
- Now you can sort your file through file names.
- A list of duplicate files will be shown on your Mac screen.
- Right, click on those duplicate files which you want to delete from the device. These files will move to the trash folder of your Mac.
Delete duplicate photos from Mac by using the tool
There are a lot of utilities available in the market to delete duplicate photos from Mac. Some popular tools are Gemini, Mackeeper, etc. In this article, we will give you brief information about how to use Mackeeper.
Mackeeper is another best duplicate photo finder for mac that is easy to use and allows a user to use its advanced features at a nominal cost.
Mac keeper will help you to find duplicate photos from Mac and delete them faster as compared to other tools. Try the following steps to use Mackeeper on your device:-
- Download Mackeeper from its official website.
- Choose a duplicate finder then click on the start scan option.
- You will be able to delete duplicate files as the scanning procedure finishes.
- Now click on remove duplicate options.
In this comprehensive article, we provide you with some most effective methods to delete duplicate files from your Mac.
If you have a lot of time then you can choose manual methods to delete duplicate photos otherwise, we will suggest you use any best tool like Mackeeper to deal with duplicate files.
Such tools will save your precious time and delete files more precisely as compared to other methods.
Once you delete these duplicate files from your device then you will see a drastic change in performance as well as the speed of your device.
So, we will recommend you check for duplicate files in your Mac and delete them from time to time.
This will ensure the optimum performance of your device. In the end, we want to say that you must use any above-mentioned methods to keep your device free from duplicate files. If you have any kind of query then you are free to contact us.
BuzzInfoMedia is an all in one spot to bring you the latest and trending blogs on Marketing, Health, Business, Technology, and more. We give our best to provide you with fresh and accurate information on different topics.